Print Friendly and PDF

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Steamed Banana Cake in Pressure Cooker

Cake has been all time my family's favorite.This cake is steamed n was made as a snack.And it turned out to be real good and healthy recipe for kids.My kids are reluctant to eat the over ripe bananas and this was the easiest way to finish them off without even the children knowing it.



Ingredients
rice powder 1 cup
jaggery 1/2 cup
banana 2 mashed
baking soda 1tsp
raisins and cashew 1/4 cup
cumin powder 1tsp


Method
Soak the jaggery in half a cup of water and drain the impurities.
Mix the rice powder ,mashed bananas,baking soda.
Add the cumin powder and raisins,cashew.
Keep aside for 10 mts.
Pour it in a idli pan or a cake pan after oiling and and garnish with cashews.Steam in a pressure cooker.(without whistle)/idli cooker for 20mts.
Check if it is done with a tooth pick in the centre (should come out clean)
Remove from stove ,cool it completely.
Cut into pieces and ready to serve.

  • servings 4 adults
TIPS
*You can use cardamom powder instead of cumin powder .
*You can also bake the same at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.

4 comments:

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Julie,
I would love to try this recipe, good to see it has no eggs, coz we are pure veg.
Cud u tell me if I can substitute the rice powder with any othr flour?
Also this is the first time I have seen cumin pwdr being used in a sweet dish!!
Let me know the temp and baking time if I use the baking mthd.
Last but not the least Best Wishes for ur Blog
:)

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanx neha..I already replied ur queries in facebook.

sharada said... Best Blogger Tips

Just came across your blog...loved your space.
One question though can i use papaya in place of banana in this dish...what would be the result.
Please let me know..what to try 'em.

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanx Sharada for visiting my space..You can use papaya,only thing is first mash up the papaya very well n then add to the rice flour or else the consistency may thin up n may not work out good!!Banana is a bit thicker than the papaya,I hope cleared it right..if anything els pls clarify dear..n feel free to ask.