Print Friendly and PDF

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

EP Series: Herbs & Spices(Event Announcement )

Hi friends,
'EP Series :Herbs & Spices' is going to be a monthly event to know our herbs & spices better.There are a wide range of herbs & spices starting from the simplest ones to the rarely used ones.The theme herbs & spices is vast and we can't cover it in just a month event.So,I have chosen a herb & a spice to make it easier for a month.And there are many hidden recipes with these herbs & spices,so I just want to bring them together under one roof so that it becomes easier for us to browse these recipes.The recipe can be from any continent and usage of both herb & spice together in one recipe is also not required,either of the two can be used.But that should be one of the main ingredients strictly (not the ones used for garnish and tempering).All this is possible only by your support and interest,friends.I also take the privilege in inviting all my other fellow bloggers who are interested in guest hosting the event for a month with their own selected herb & spice for that month unless its already used or is already booked.Starting from tomorrow,1st March -31st March,am hosting the event at my Erivum Puliyum space,& you guys put on your unique aprons & send in your entries right away to share & learn better !!

FOR THE HOSTS INTERESTED-


-The event runs for 1 full month starting from the 1st -last day of the month.
-You can choose your interested herb & spice for the month,your own discretion,just make sure that you chose one herb & one spice for the month.
-Announce the event at your space a day before the starting date and add in the above logo.It would be nice if you leave a note to link my event announcement page as well along with your event announcement page
-Do drop me a line at julstreat(at)gmail(dot)com if you are interested to host for a month and specifying the herb & spice too so that we can know at the earliest & confirm the months.
-The link to the round up of event should be sent to me so that I can publish it in the round up page calender at my space too,(The link is here).
-The awards can be your given at your own discretion.




FOR THE PARTICIPANTS -


1.The event runs for the period of 1st March- 31st March 2012.
2.The theme for this month is "Cilantro leaves & Cumin"You can use one ingredient in a dish or use both but that ingredient should be one of the main ingredients.It can vary from starter,main dish ,dessert or any other recipes,sweet or savory anything.For eg Jeera rice,Cilantro Chutney,Jal jeera ,cilantro chapathis,Cilantro chicken n so on..(No recipes which don't follow this rule will not qualify for the event
3.Bloggers and Non bloggers can participate.Bloggers can link their recipes using the linky tool below.Bloggers who find it difficult or find some problem to link can also send &Non-bloggers can send in their recipes to my mail justreat(at)gmail(dot)com with the following details-
Your Name-
Recipe Name-
Recipe Details-
Pic of the Dish
4.Recipe must be linked to this event announcement page and to the host's event announcement page  if hosted by a guest.
5.You can link both Veg & Non Veg recipes.
6.Send in any number of entries.You can link in your old entries too (limiting 2 per person),just add the logo and the link under the post or repost another 2 entries too.(total of 4 archived posts)
7.Usage of logo is appreciated for all entries.
That is not the end to it; There are 4 awards for the BEST INNOVATIVE RECIPE AWARD, TOP CONTRIBUTOR AWARD,BEST HEALTHY DISH AWARD & PARTICIPATION AWARD.So,Folks put on your innovative caps and think tight,do right and link in your recipes at the earliest before 31st March,2012.
Best Wishes to All !!!!

NOTES
* Either cumin or cilantro leaves can be used. or both can be used.
* Either cumin /cilantro leaves must be a compulsory and main ingredient.Cumin should be atleast 1tsp used in the recipe.




60 comments:

Surabhi said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice thought I' m In..:)

Faseela said... Best Blogger Tips

wonderful julie.....great event...
will surely sent in my entries dear

simran said... Best Blogger Tips

wow!nice!.will send in some entries soon.......cumin and cilantro are staples!

Pari Vasisht said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice event dear, will surely try to send something as these are very commonly used by me.


FOODELICIOUS

MARCH EVENT, ‘ONLY’- SOUTH INDIAN & GIVEAWAYS

Charu Srivastava said... Best Blogger Tips

nice event...i'm in !!

Hema said... Best Blogger Tips

Good one Julie and like the pair you have chosen, will cook up something..

Kavi said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Hosting!!

Hi! Thank you so much for participating in Kid’s Delight event. :) I’ve posted the Roundup in 3 parts. You can check your entry at Part 1 , Part 2 OR Part 3
Love,
Kavi (Edible Entertainment)

Recipe world said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice event dear..will send my entry soon!

hotpotcooking said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice one. Will try to post some...

Rashida Shaikh said... Best Blogger Tips

Using Simple herb Unique Idea

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said... Best Blogger Tips

wow..nice event julie.....great idea.

Asiya Omar said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice Event.I'll send some entries soon.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

will soon send my entry. Nice event and happy Hosting.
Love Ash.

Rosh said... Best Blogger Tips

Very interesting theme Julie...will definitely try to send in entries. Happy hosting!

Achu's Amma's Kitchen said... Best Blogger Tips

woderfull idea julie...try to participate ..will post rcipes soon

Rasi said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy hosting JUlie :)..wills end in some entries
Ongoing Event: I'm a STAR

Sangeetha M said... Best Blogger Tips

great idea...Happy Hosting dear...wll send mine soon!

Teena said... Best Blogger Tips

Wonderful event Julie! Will definitely send in my entries. Nice theme :) Happy hosting!!!!

jasna varcakovic said... Best Blogger Tips

Great idea...I'll try to dig something out!

jasna varcakovic said... Best Blogger Tips

Mmmm, my favorite spices...I'll try to dig something out!

San said... Best Blogger Tips

Excellent thought process. Good luck julie.

Kaveri Venkatesh said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice event series Julie...Wishing you success...Will be sending in my entries for this month

Indrani said... Best Blogger Tips

very common herbs and spice in Indian kitchen, happy hosting, will send my entries

Indu said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice event, I would love to submit some entry.

Sobha Shyam said... Best Blogger Tips

nice event and nice theme..Happy Hosting dear :)

Join the Just "4" Fun event :)

Rashida Shaikh said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for the invitation. I will think of it, not much idea of recipe contain herb and spices as a main ingredient. Is it open for non-vegetarian dishes too?

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Lovely event, Julie..I sent my entry soon.

Cuisine Delights
My First Event - "COLOURFUL HOLI".

Chitra said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy hosting julie. lovely event..will try to participate :)

Anzz said... Best Blogger Tips

NIce event. Count me in..

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

great event..I need to brainstrom to use cilantro and cumin together..in a unique recipe..hope to get together my act and come up with something great.

Archana said... Best Blogger Tips

great event

Kokila said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy hosting dear!!! I will send my entries soon.

Ongoing Events Mar 1st to Marc 31st 2012:
Foodies Nest
Dish it out-Bread/Burger/Veg Sandwich and Veg Salad

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said... Best Blogger Tips

Superb Combo Event.Count me in. Happy hosting

PrathibhaSreejith said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice event Julie, will send in my entries soon :)

Ramya said... Best Blogger Tips

nice event series...will definitely try to link in..and thanks for the super quick comment on my blog

cookbookjaleela said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice theme juile , just now I linked

Faseela said... Best Blogger Tips

Julie I have just linked an entry, Check whether it is apt for the theme...

Torviewtoronto said... Best Blogger Tips

happy hosting added Tender green Jackfruit curry
to the event

Asiya Omar said... Best Blogger Tips

Happy Hosting Julie.Just linked my first entry Spinach Dal.

MyKitchen Flavors-BonAppetit!. said... Best Blogger Tips

Julie I have linked a chicken Masala and Mutton Korma for the Event.Pls Check If its within this Event's limits and let me know.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

nice event dear...sent u my entry :-)

http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

spicenflavors said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Julie,
Nice event, I have posted 3 entries to the March event:-)

Hamaree Rasoi said... Best Blogger Tips

Dear Julie,
you asked me to post my Kalakand recipe for your this event but my recipe doesn't have either of them, so not valid for your entry. Clear my doubts please
Deepa

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Deepa,
That was just a reminder to pick up your any 2old entries or just cook something with cilantro / cumin :-))sorry if I meant the kalakhand recipe..hope it helps!!

Asiya Omar said... Best Blogger Tips

Julie,there is some problem in linking.So I 'll send the details to you.
http://asiyama.blogspot.com/2012/03/cilantro-chicken.html.
just check the link.

Sriya said... Best Blogger Tips

nice event ...i have linked my entry
www.sriyafood.blogspot.com

simran said... Best Blogger Tips

finally!.i sent in my entry..the nutri nugget and potatoes manglorean style.i can't quite figure out how to repost an entry!....once that gets sorted out i'll be able to send in more entries!

Hyma said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Julie, Thanks for letting me know of your event! am so clueless abt what is happening around as I hardly find time between work and home for my blog:-(! Am so glad u visited my space and let me in on your event...glad to be a part of this lovely theme....good luck with the hosting!

Asiya Omar said... Best Blogger Tips

Hai! julie,just now linked other recipe cilantro cumin kuzhi paniyam.I'll send the details.

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said... Best Blogger Tips

Nice event with a wonderful theme! Thank you Julie for inviting me over! Just linked up my Cheese Crackers. Happy hosting :)

Reshmi said... Best Blogger Tips

Thank you for inviting me to your event and following my space. :) Have linked cilantro fish tikka

Asiya Omar said... Best Blogger Tips

Hai Julie! Just linked another entry Oats vegetable porridge.
http://asiyama.blogspot.com/2012/03/oats-vegetable-porridge.html

Spicy-Aroma said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Julie..just linked my entry..cilantro paratha!! :)
Spicy-Aroma

Deeksha said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Julie
I have just linked my entry...

Vandana Dilip said... Best Blogger Tips

hi julie ..i linked my entry..this is the first time i am participating in an event..i don know whether i hav done correctly (i mean the linking and all)please check out and tell me if anything more i hav to do to participate

Vandana Dilip said... Best Blogger Tips

my entry is cilantro chicken curry

Sangeetha M said... Best Blogger Tips

linked my first entry, "Whole Wheat Corn Adai"...will try to link some more soon!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Thanks for linking julie. I'll link my next post related to this event here.

Rashida Shaikh said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey Dear,
Thanks for the invitation and finally I come up with my new recipe.
Just linked Green peas Tikki, hope you like it too.

Shilpakiran said... Best Blogger Tips

thank u for inviting me dear .. i would surely try ...thanks again